Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Completed water leakage test of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continued structure backfill at new RAS Pump Station.
- Substantially completed structure backfill of new Secondary Clarifier.
- Continued installation of 30” SE lateral to new Secondary Clarifier.
- Completed epoxy lining and started spark test at new channel at Headworks.
- Started draining leakage test water at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Completed electrical duct bank to pull boxes PBD203 & VP201 – East Side of RAS Pump Station.
- Continued install of Center Column & Cage of the Spiral Sludge Scrapper at Secondary Clarifier.
- Started installation of weirs/baffles/launder components at new Secondary Clarifier.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Start installation of Pipe Railing System at Clarifier Splitter Box and new Secondary Clarifier.
- Start structure backfill operation at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Complete installation of 30” SE lateral to new Secondary Clarifier – start backfill.
- Continue install of Spiral Sludge Scrapper components at Secondary Clarifier – manual test spin.
- Continue installation of new weirs/baffles/launder components at new Secondary Clarifier.
- Start installation of Pipe Railing System at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continue installation of 18” RAS line at east side of new RAS Pump Station.
- Complete spark test and patching of epoxy lining for new channel at Headworks.
- Complete shutdown/bypass of Headworks to demo existing receiving channel concrete.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Wise Road And Mt. Vernon Road Overland
Work is underway in a cross-country area between Wise Road and Mt. Vernon Road. The work is progressing towards Mt. Vernon Road. No traffic is impacted by this work.
Chili Hill Road
For the upcoming week of December 1, work on Chili Hill Road will remain temporarily suspended. The rolling road closure on Chili Hill Road is stopped temporarily and normal two-way traffic is in effect.
The contractor is installing appurtenances including blow off and sewage combination air and vacuum valve. These will include carbon canisters for odor control.
S Bar V Road
Construction activities are expected to be on S Bar V Road during the week of December 15. Traffic for the local residents along S-Bar-V will be impacted, and temporary detouring will be established.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- DCI – Finished removing the interior forms in the Southeast chambers.
- DCI – Finished setting up piping for bypass pumping and setting pumps up on East side of Headworks by Flume, tried to test pumps on Thursday and not enough flow to provide enough backup in channel to turn pumps on.
- DCI – Installing Pump Station baffle walls & thickened fillet walls, by setting scaffolding, setting forms for baffle walls.
- Camblin steel – Setting reinforcing for Pump Station baffle walls & thickened sides.
- Auburn Contractors – Crews only worked Monday on installing lighting conduits and lights will be off site the rest of the week.
- DCI – Finish installing SWPPPs, cutting down two trees, clear & grub as needed for 24” RS line on South end of Plant.
- DCI – Pump Station – Dewatering around the outside of the Pump Station to facilitate the waterproofing prior to backfill. Waterproofing completed on Thursday.
- MCC/Electrical Building Transformer Pad – DCI – Placing concrete for the removable bollards on the North side of Transformer pad. PG&E inspector out on Friday.
- Mason Painting – Placing the waterproofing on the North, East, South & West Sides of Pump Station, upper section, prior to placing backfill. Mason placed waterproofing board prior to backfilling around structure.
- DCI – No work on North side of headworks. Work is still halted until a comprehensive pumping plan is implemented and tested. (see above)
- DCI – Capped the 2” – 3W and 2”- SO2 lines near 12” foul air line.
- Continue to dewater into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Continuing to install baffle walls & fillets for concrete placement this week.
- DCI – Continue with backfilling operations around the Pump Station.
- DCI – Test the pumps for bypass and start work on the Headworks once approved.
- DCI – Should start to string out 28” HDPE pipe on the Southwest portion of the Plant.
- Maskell – Robbins, Inc. – Fusion weld sections of HDPE pipe for 28” RS line on the South & Southwest portion of Plant.
- Auburn – Continue installing Lighting and continue connecting panels and gears in MCC / Electrical building.
- DCI – Prep & Check SWPPPs for upcoming rain event this week.