Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Continued installation of the 18” RAS line adjacent to the existing Ox Ditch Splitter Box.
- Continued forms/rebar for the launder at the Secondary Clarifier for the 2nd section concrete.
- Started structure backfill at perimeter of the new RAS Pump Station.
- Continued forms/falsework at south& north sides at the elevated walkways at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Started continuation of 16” RAS line from Secondary Clarifier to new RAS Pump Station.
- Continued installation of wall reinforcement/forms at the existing Headwork’s Building.
- Started trench backfill of 18” RAS line at west side of existing Oxidation Ditch 1.
- Completed forms/rebar for concrete gullets at interior Tertiary Filter walls – Placed Concrete.
- Completed forms/rebar/waterstop for Oxidation Ditch 1 wall pour 13 – Placed Concrete.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Complete subgrade preparation at the Solids Dewatering Building – Start foundation forms.
- Continue installation of 16” RAS line from Secondary Clarifier to new RAS Pump Station.
- Complete wall & deck forms/rebar/waterstop at existing Headworks – Place Concrete
- Complete sack & patch/epoxy prep work and start epoxy lining at existing Chemical Storage.
- Continue forms/false work for the elevated walkway at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Complete forms/rebar/waterstop at Oxidation Ditch 1 for wall pour 14 – Place Concrete.
- Complete forms/rebar for 2nd launder section at Secondary Clarifier – Place Concrete
- Continue structure backfill and compaction at exterior of new RAS Pump Station.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Reach 1-Turkey Creek Area
- Backfilling operations have stopped. This area is nearly to grade along the entire trench line.
- A power screen has been moved to the site. Soils will begin to be processed that will be used at other locations on the project. Processing has not begun.
Reach 1 (Sta: (Sta: 10+00 to 261+42.90):) – Virginiatown Road/Gold HIll Road/Chili Hill Road
- The Contractor progressed from Sta: 245+00 all the way to Chili Hill Road to approximately Sta: 12+00.
- The operation moved through the end of Virginiatown Road, made the turn onto Gold Hill to the end of Reach 1. The operation continued along Gold Hill and made the crossing through the intersection and started up Chili Hill Road to the beginning of Reach 2.
Reach 2 (Sta: 10+00 to 109+71.09)
- Trenching on Chili Hill has commenced.
Reach 3 (Sta: 10+00 to 203+71.07)
- This week the contractor completed the installation and backfill of the pipe to Sta: 29+50 at the Wise Road Overland (WRO) portion of Reach 3. This is at the location where the HDD for Doty Ravine will tie in.
Reach 5 – E. Catlett Roadway Restoration
• Striping on E. Catlett has been completed
Work Schedule to be performed this coming week:
- Contractor will continue constructing the pioneer road to provide access to the pipe welding machine and trucks hauling in loads of pipe.
- Begin processing soils with the power screen at the Turkey Creek site.
- Continue to trench excavate and install pipe at Reach 2.
- Continue to install and monitor the SWPPP best management practices.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
Work/Activities performed last week:
- Camblin Steel – Finished placing rebar for the intermediate slab and wall rebar for pump building.
- DCI – Finished setting forms for outside walls of Pump Building for second wall section and wall penetrations.
- DCI – Concrete placement for upper wall pour on Pump Building took place @ 2:00am early Friday morning.
- Continue to dewater into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck. DCI bought a new water truck from Hertz this week and Ahern rental taken off site.
- Auburn Constructors – Started & completed excavation for duct bank between MCC building and Generator building.
- Auburn Constructors – Setting conduits for MCC & Generator building.
- DCI – Grading slope in Northeast side of project for new fence alignment.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Cleaning up site from last week’s concrete placement.
- Continue to dewater into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck.
- DCI – Stripping upper forms, water curing and prepping Pump Building interior for shoring for Deck concrete placement.
- DCI – Setting scaffolding for influent channel & Pump area for deck pour.
- No work on Headworks while waiting on DCI pumping plan for modifications to plant structure
- Auburn Constructors Electrical division will continue laying out conduits and duct banks for the new MCC building & Generator building north of the new pump station.