Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
The following is a brief description and several photos of the Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility Project of work/activities performed from 03/15/15 – 03/21/15
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Continuing to pull in wire from MCC 202A to respective equipment.
- Pulling in and Megger testing wire at the Headworks
- Testing of power Cable to New MCC 202A.
- Continuing Installation 1” SMP and 2” D at Maturation Pond Level Control Structure.
- Altering the SST AA Header piping per RFI 213 and RFP 00028.
- Testing the 2½” C piping and pull boxes.
- Continue to install Cathodic Protection.
- Start-up at Influent, Effluent, and filter Feed Pump Station.
- Continuing to install underdrain system.
- Coating at the Tertiary Filters 5&6.
- Completing secondary Clarifier installation.
- Installing insulation at the STT AA piping within Oxidation Ditch 3.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Loop Checking Secondary clarifier 3.
- Manufacturer’s inspection ad Certification of Secondary Clarifier 3 using a generator for temporary power.
- Continuing sac and patch at Secondary Clarifier 3.
- Installing the Aeration diffusers at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Manufacturer’s Inspection and Certification of Oxidation Ditch equipment using a generator for Temp. Power.
- Manufacturer’s Inspection and Certification of RAS Pump station Equipment using a generator for Temp. Power.
- Continuing installation of Oxidation Ditch 3 Blower Electrical.
- SCADA testing at the influent Pump station.
- SCADA testing at the Effluent Pump station.
- SCADA testing at the Maturation and Filter Feed Pump station.
- Continued installing insulation at the STT AA piping within Oxidation Ditch 3.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Wise Road & S Bar V
Installation of air valves and pipeline appurtenances will continue through this Friday, March 27. This may cause minimal impacts on traffic.
Highway 193 (Off Pavement)
Excavation for the bore and jack installation of pipeline across highway 193, as well as excavation for the pigging station north of highway 193 has begun. No lane closures are anticipated for this work.
Preparation of the entry and exit pits for the horizontal directionally drilling (HDD) installation beneath Auburn Ravine is scheduled to begin the week of April 6. There may be an increase in construction traffic on and around Virginiatown Road west of Fowler Road.
Chili Hill Road
Installation of air valves and pipeline appurtenances as well as culvert repairs are scheduled to continue through Friday, April 10. This may cause minimal impacts on traffic.
Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road
Mainline pipeline installation will continue on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Roads. At a minimum, one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur anywhere between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger. In addition, some work will require a rolling road closure of Joeger Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, and sometimes on Saturday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down the road within the work zone (approximately 500 feet of road at a time) to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. Local residents living within the work zone will be provided access to their property during this period. With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no through traffic will be allowed in the work zone.
In addition to the closure between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger.
Please note- ALL pedestrians and cyclists MUST be escorted through the construction zone by a member of the construction crew during active construction periods.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
The following is a brief description of the SMD 1 Sewer Conveyance Pump Station work activities performed through the week ending 2/14/15.
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- DCI – Completed installation for the two slide gates for headworks diversion structure.
- DCI – Added shoring and cleaned sloughing areas of the HDPE trench for the 106’ section from the SMD-1 West gate to Sta. 146+70+/- for fusion coupling.
- HD Supply – Installing the coupler to the 28” HDPE line @ Sta. 146+70+/-. This connection went much better than the first and was completed in about four hours.
- DCI – Using a good portion of their crew to preassemble the above grade ductile iron piping and valves for east of the pump station wetwell.
- Auburn Contractors – On site Wednesday to dig electrical trenches south and west of the new electrical building and prepare for vault delivery on Friday.
- Mason Painting – Due to wet weather Monday, the crew was back on Wednesday and coated for the rest of the week. Mason finished the north main wetwell section and moved to the south section by Friday. They started prepping of interior coating of the influent channel for coating next week; the wetwell will be masked off for protection.
- DCI – Tuesday crews spent part of the day removing the plastic sheeting covering stockpiles, stacked sand bags & relocating wattles that were in the way of the work.
- DCI – Continue dewatering from 28” RS line excavation into the 55 gallon drum located in the biofilter bed, and pumping from there to the two baker tanks for silt settlement.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Preparing and trenching for HDPE installation for the 28” RS line, on Thursday and Friday, from Sta. 146+70 +/- near tie-in location at the East gate to Sta. 144+50.
- Mason Painting – Continue coating in Pump station for influent and overflow channels.
- Auburn Constructors electrical – Install conduit runs from MCC / Electrical building to pull boxes 130 and to Pump Station, then install conduits to pull boxes 140 from 130.
- DCI – Perform water test for headworks diversion structure.
- DCI – Continue to monitor SWPPP measures and review the SWPPP approach & BMP’s.
- DCI – Excavate & prep for fusion welding of the 28” HDPE pipe by installing the last section of pipe this week for the planned electro fusing to take place on February 23.