Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
The following is a brief description and several photos of the Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility Project of work/activities performed from 12/01/14 – 12/05/14
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Continued install of Pipe Railing System at the Clarifier Splitter Box and new Secondary Clarifier.
- Continued structure backfill operations at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Substantially completed install of Spiral Sludge Scrapper at Clarifier – manually spin tested.
- Started prep work for grout placement at bottom of new Secondary Clarifier.
- Started interior mechanical components installation at new RAS Pump Station.
- Delivered pre-fabricated Metal Building addition for Solids Dewatering Building.
- Installed cap for future expansion joint at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Cleaned demolition debris resulting from bypass operations at Headworks.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Perform grout placement at bottom of new Secondary Clarifier.
- Continue structure backfill at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Complete installation of Pipe Railing System at new Secondary Clarifier and Clarifier Splitter Box.
- Continue installation of interior mechanical components installation at RAS Pump Station.
- Continue patching water leak locations at exterior and of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Install new pump base plate and ESP Pump 4 at existing Effluent Pump Station.
- Erect the pre-fabricated Metal Building addition at the Solids Dewatering Building.
- Install the pre-fabricated overhead Access Bridges at Oxidation Ditch 3.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Weather permitting, work will occur Monday – Wednesday and Friday of the week of December 22. No work will occur Thursday, December 25.
Wise Road And Mt. Vernon Road Overland
Work is underway in a cross-country area between Wise Road and Mt. Vernon Road. The work is progressing towards Mt. Vernon Road. No traffic is impacted by this work. This work will continue for another three working days (dependent on weather).
Chili Hill Road
For the upcoming week of December 22, work on Chili Hill Road will occur (weather permitting. This is dependent on the completion of the Wise Road and Mt. Vernon Road Overland work). This work will require a rolling road closure of Chili Hill Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down approximately 500 feet of road at a time to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. Local residents living within the rolling closure area will be provided access to their property during this period. With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no thro ugh traffic will be allowed. Please see the map below:
SMD-1 Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- DCI – The testing for the headworks bypass pumping plan was completed on November 20th; however DCI spent all week on SWPPP of site for the week of Dec. 1st. Headworks modifications will hopefully start on Monday December 8, 2014. Headworks modifications require that extra work be done to the existing channel surface to allow the designed retrofit water stop to be installed.
- DCI – Installing Silt Fence, Sandbags, Wattles throughout the site and on Friday attempted to install a silt basin @ North end of Construction Area to capture runoff.
- DCI – The Installation of the 30” RS pipe on the Northwest corner of Pump Station was attempted but only 40’ of 30” PVC has been installed with limited backfill.
- Maskell – Robbins – Fusion welding of final fabricated sections of 28” HDPE pipe sections @ the Southwest corner of Plant.
- Auburn Contractors – MCC/Electrical Building – Two electricians installing conduits for lighting & panels. Perform VFD factory testing at TESCO on 12/3/2014.
- DCI – No work on North side of headworks. Work can now be recommenced at the headworks diversion structure as the bypass pumping system was tested. (see above)
- DCI – Cut piping from Baker tanks and allowed water to flow to Pump Station.
- DCI – Removed section of bypass piping between the Flume & Headworks to allow access at the east SMD-1 gate.
- Rain/weather days were submitted for all 5 days this week due to rain and a wet site.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Moving Baker tanks from South of Pump Station to outside of east gate and North of Stockpile.
- DCI – Start excavation and pipeline installation for the 28” RS line, weather permitting, from Southwest corner of Plant and possibly complete laying pipe in this area to plant main gate.
- Auburn Constructors electrical – Continue installing lighting and connecting panels and gear in MCC /Electrical building. Buss duct will be installed and maybe the transformer.
- DCI – Placing fabric & Rock in construction parking lot on east side of east fence.
- DCI – Will continue to monitor SWPPP measures and will have special consultant out to review the SWPPP approach and BMP’s.