Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Completed forms/rebar for Solids Dewatering Building slab/foundation.
- Completed forms/rebar at Headworks approach slab at north side – Placed concrete.
- Continued sack & patch interior of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continued forms/falsework at west-side centered elevated walkways at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Removed existing filter media to stone indicator at existing Headworks Biofilter.
- Continued installation of joint sealant at Tertiary Filter and Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continued forms/rebar/waterstop at west wall of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Placed concrete for Blower pad at Tertiary Filter Pipe Gallery.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Complete prep and start epoxy lining at existing Chemical Storage.
- Continue forms/false work/rebar for the elevated walkways at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Complete forms/rebar/conduit at west-side centered walkways at Ox Ditch 3 – Place concrete.
- Complete forms/rebar at Solids Dewatering Building foundation/slab – Place concrete.
- Complete prep and start installation of interior epoxy lining at Headworks.
- Complete anchor bolt drilling and install new Headworks Bypass Gate.
- Continue installation of construction joint sealant at interior of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continue sack & patching interior of Oxidation Ditch 3.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
Reach 1 (Sta: 10+00 to 55+00) – Turkey Creek
- There is little other activity at this site.
- The power screen has been mobilized and is being used to generate backfill material for use at various location on the project. This has been ongoing for a month now.
Reach 2 (Sta: 10+00 to 109+71.09) – Chili Hill Road
- Trenching operations continue up Chili Hill Rd to Sta: 67+00.
- A series of boulders have been encountered. The contractor worked on breaking out the latest boulder for 2 days at Sta: 52+00. Great progress was made once the construction activity moved past this boulder.
- Another boulder was encountered at Sta: 67+00. This enabled a small crew to mobilize to Virginiatown Road and install several Blow Off Valves. Installation was done at Sta: 191+33, 209+17 and 220+36.
- Installation of two (2) cross culverts was completed. One at Sta: 202+00 on VTR and one at Sta: 31+80 on Chili Hill Road, both were inspected by Matt Bartholomew with Placer County.
- A NID conduit located at Sta: 55+31 was dug under. This work was directed and inspected by Dale Smith, the Encroachment Inspector for NID. Backfill was placed in accordance with the District’s requirements and placement of the pipe was observed by Dale.
- There have been several private waterlines that have been successfully removed and replaced in this area, without incident.
- Some shoulder cleanup was also accomplished and the project limits were hydro-mulched, with the anticipation of rain later next week.
- Compaction testing was coordinated with Tim Davis from Blackburn.
- Observation of the end of the day operations; clean-up, paving, placing the plates and trench shoring.
Reach 3 (Sta: 10+00 to 203+71.07) – Wise Road Overland (WRO)
- Contractor continues to excavate, lay and backfill pipe on the Shanley and Thompson Overland portion of Reach 3, Sta: 108+70 to Sta: 171+50. This week they installed 670 feet of HDPE pipe, for an average of 110 feet per day. They have excavated 1,721 feet of trench this week. They continue to use the 345 excavator with the ripper shank to get through the very tough excavation.
- They blasted 65 feet of rock between Sta: 129+25 and Sta: 129+90. They continue to drill rock to about Sta: 132+26 and between Sta: 139+90 to Sta: 140+40.
- The CLSM backfill did not happen this week due to limited access for the concrete trucks.
Work Schedule to be performed this coming week:
- Processing soils with the power-screen to Turkey Creek site.
- Continue with trench excavation and pipe installation at Reach 2, Chili Hill Rd.
- Contractor will continue trench excavation at various locations in the Shanley and Thompson Overland area. The contractor will continue to work on the CLSM backfill between Sta: 113+15 and Sta: 118+70.
- Continue welding and string pipe between Sta: 120+50 and 165+00 in Reach 3.
- Continue to install and monitor the SWPPP best management practices
- Continue moving HDPE pipe from WWTRF property to final location on of Reach 3.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- MCC/Electrical Building – DCI – Finished placing outside panels & interior panels for concrete placement on Friday.
- Standby Generator Pad Area – DCI – Finished placing outside panels for concrete placement on Friday.
- DCI – Placed 38 Cu.Yds. of concrete on Friday for the MCC / Electrical Building & Standby Generator Pad. Started concrete placement @ 7:42am and finished @ 10:20am.
- Camblin Steel – Started and finished installing reinforcing steel for Generator Pad & installed Beam reinforcing on outside edge of MCC / Electrical Building Pad.
- DCI – Continued cleaning forms and stacking on pallets with banding for shipping back to EFCO.
- DCI – Patching back snap tie straps inside Pump Station and patching rock pockets.
- DCI – Potholing on SE part of plant to verify the Gas & NID lines that will be crossed during the 28” HDPE forcemain installation scheduled in approximately two weeks.
- DCI – Moving and rough grading rock stockpile from Pump Station Excavation, with Loader, along the Northeast portion of construction site. This was done by DCI to make a level surface to facilitate laydown of future materials.
- Continue to de-water into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck.
- Approximately 550 lineal feet of HDPE pipe have been delivered to the site, plus fittings and valves, which are being stored at the lay down area west of the new east fence.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Continuing to remove exterior forms for the pump station structure, cutting snap ties and patching holes and rock pockets.
- DCI – The EFCO forms will continue to be removed, cleaned, and palletized from the walls as the crews have time and access.
- Started dewatering into Pump Station last Friday and will continue this weekto fill the new pump station wetwell and influent channels for leak testing.
- Camblin steel – place reinforcing for MCC slab.
- DCI – The carpenter crews will strip the formwork for the electrical building and prep for MCC / Electrical Pad concrete placement for Friday, October 17th.
- DCI – SWPPP wet weather improvements which will include hydro seeding.
- No work on Headworks while waiting on DCI pumping plan for modifications to plant structure.
- The pothole investigation for possible forcemain conflicts will continues this week, still looking for the 1” diameter NID water line on SW corner of Plant.