Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
- Completed forms / rebar / waterstop at Secondary Clarifier wall pour 2 – Placed concrete.
- Completed forms / rebar / waterstop at Oxidation Ditch 3 for wall pour 5 – Placed concrete.
- Start installation of the 36” ODI at the existing Oxidation Ditch Splitter structure.
- Completed rebar/concrete/relocation of south Maturation Pond 2 outlet gate – Placed concrete.
- Continued stripping of wall forms at RAS Pump Station.
- Continued installation of interior & exterior wall forms / rebar / waterstop at Tertiary Filter.
- Continued installation of forms/rebar/waterstop at Oxidation Ditch 3 for wall pour 6.
- Started installation of wall forms at the existing Chemical Storage area.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Reach 1- Virginiatown Road
- This week the contractor placed 1,226 feet of 26” x DR32.5 HDPE pipe on Virginiatown Road averaging 245 feet per day in-place. Contractor excavated 1,202 feet of trench. Work has started in a very narrow section of roadway with “NO IMPACT” wet lands on both sides of the road. They had to make hard closures two days this week due to these conditions.
- At Sta: 149+00 to 161+00 this section of the pipe installation proved to be quite challenging as the road became very narrow and the existence of wetlands on either side of the road proved to be the controlling factor. This made the movement of men and equipment and public access very difficult.
- Contractor continues to use the McElroy 1236HF HDPE pipe welding machine to weld pipe on Virginiatown Rd.
- Contractor will continue welding, excavating, laying and backfilling HDPE pipe on Virginiatown Road.
- Ground water conditions and back filling with these conditions can slow pipe installation.
- Continue to install and monitor the SWPPP best management practices.
- Continue moving HDPE pipe from WWTRF to Fowler property on Virginiatown Road.
Reach 6- East Catlett Road
- Contractor continues to do maintenance on edge of roadway damaged by construction vehicles on E. Catlett.
- Remaining work on E. Catlett includes installing appurtenances, roadway and pavement restoration, and raising iron
SMD-1 Construction Activity
- Continue setting EFCO panels for interior wall, starting on southeast quadrant.
- Camblin Steel onsite Thursday & Friday to set horizontal bars for lower section of Pump Building.
- Continue to dewater into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck.
Construction activities related to the project will have an impact on traffic at the following locations:
- Virginatown Road (between Fowler Road and Gold Hill Road)-Beginning on June 30, 2014, the contractor will begin installing the sewer pipeline on Virginiatown Road from Fowler Road to Gold Hill Road. This work will require a rolling road closure of Virginiatown Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down approximately 500 feet of road at a time to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. Local residents living within the rolling closure area will be provided access to their property during this period. With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no through traffic will be allowed. Please see the map below for details on the traffic detour. In addition to the closure between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., one way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Virginiatown Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for several minutes at the direction of a flagger.Access to Virginiatown Road will occur as follows:
- 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.: One way traffic control on Virginiatown Road between Fowler Road and Gold Hill Road.
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Total closure of Virginiatown Road between Fowler Road and Gold Hill Road (excluding emergency vehicles, school buses, and residents accessing their property).
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: One way traffic control on Virginiatown Road between Fowler Road and Gold Hill Road.
- All other times: Open to two-way traffic at construction zone speeds.
- East Catlett Road-
- Drivers can expect flagged traffic during construction periods, with no longer than 15 minute delays.
- Roadway will be fully opened during non-construction periods.
We apologize for any inconvenience.