Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
The following is a brief description and several photos of the Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility Project of work activities performed from 08/16/15 – 08/22/15
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Removing PMP 27211 for repairs.
- Installing sac and patch at south and west side of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Installing repairs of 3W and 2W saddles.
- Installing testing of Cathodic Protection.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Installing repairs to Cathodic Protection System.
- Installing sac and patch at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Installing Convenience out lets on light poles.
- Installing coordination study.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Highway 193 (Off Pavement)
Completion of the gravity system tie-in is currently underway. This work is located off pavement from Hwy 193, however, k-rail and signage will remain in place until all work in the area is finished. No lane closures are anticipated for this work.
Completion of the Auburn Ravine tie-in near Virginiatown Rd is underway. However this work is being completed off pavement and impacts to traffic will be minimal. Placer County will be taking over the paving operation, which is expected to begin after Sept 1.
S Bar V Road
Installation of the pigging station at the top of S Bar V is expected to be complete by the end of next week. There will be construction vehicles entering and exiting the site at this location but the impacts to traffic are expected to be minimal. Local residents living within the work area, at the top of S Bar V, will be provided access to their property during this period.
Lincoln Blvd./Old Highway 65 (Off Pavement)
Installation of the biofilter is underway. The biofilter is located on the parcel northeast of the intersection of Lincoln Blvd. and Ferrrari Ranch Road in Lincoln. This work involves new piping, fans, and electrical improvements. There will be construction vehicles entering and exiting the site, but are expected to have a minimal impact on traffic.
Final pipeline improvements being completed on a section of Joeger Rd north of the Bell Rd intersection are expected to be completed by the end of next week. One-lane traffic control may be implemented between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturday. Please utilize the detours where possible. Final paving of Joeger Rd is expected to begin following final testing of the pipeline.
The following is a brief description of the SMD 1 Sewer Conveyance Pump Station work activities performed through the week ending 8/22/15.
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- Rados Construction has negotiated a Contract with the City of Lincoln to complete the SMD-1 Pump Station work which was fully executed August 12, 2015.
- Rados Construction filled the reach 4 segment of the Regional Pipeline and has had difficulty pressure testing the 28” HDPE forcemain. The crews are monitoring all of the ARV sites, and looking for the slight water leak which will not allow the pressure to stay up even for a short test. Once the test is complete, the fusing of the Rados pipeline can be made to the Disney installed 28” HDPE pipeline.
- The planned pigging operation of the entire forcemain system by Rados Construction will require approximately 2,700 gallons of water per minute to move the pig/plug. A plan was reviewed which would pull water from Rock Creek downstream of the last SMD-1 monitoring station. The pump suction would actually have to be at the confluence of Rock Creek and Dry Creek in an existing pool. Stantec is working with Rados to come up with an acceptable pigging plan.
- Weekly Construction/Decommissioning Meetings continue on a weekly basis with no SMD-1 onsite construction work being performed.
- Stantec’s Operations group was at the pump station site on Tuesday, 8/18/2015 and ran the standby generators in test mode and ran the 3 submersible pumps from the three generators.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- Anticipating the forcemain pressure testing will be complete for the reach 4 segment and the tie in between the Rados