Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
The following is a brief description and several photos of the Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility Project of work/activities performed from 04/05/15 – 04/11/15
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Loop Checking Oxidation Ditch 3 using a Rented Generator for power.
- SCADA testing of Oxidation Ditch 3 equipment
- Installing remaining grating at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Installing the light poles at south of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Completing the sample pump installation.
- Manufacturer’s inspection and certification of the RAS pumps at RAS Pump Station 2.
- Manufacturer’s inspection and certification of the perforated screen 3.
- PG&E to provide permanent power on the 10th.
- Installing exposed conduit for lighting at solids dewatering building.
- Preparing for rain projected for Tuesday.
- Continuing to install the equipment at chemical storage facility.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Installing Light Poles at south of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Manufacturers RAS Pump PMP 27211& PMP 27212 Start up and training.
- Manufacturers Perforated Screen 3 start up and Training.
- Manufacturers Inspection and Certification of the 6 mixers within Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Continuing to install the grating throughout the site.
- Continuing Loop checking equipment at Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Maturation Pond Level Control Structure Modifications taking place this week.
- Bollard Installation at south side of the Blowers at Oxidation Ditch 3
- Continuing Equipment installation at Chemical Storage Facility.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Wise Road & S Bar V
The horizontal directionally drilling (HDD) installation beneath Doty Ravine is scheduled to begin April 15. As a result, there may be an increase in construction traffic on and around Wise Road.
Highway 193 (Off Pavement)
The bore and jack installation of pipeline across highway 193 is completed. However, K-Rail and signage will remain in place until all work in the area is finished. No lane closures are anticipated for this work.
The horizontal directionally drilling (HDD) installation beneath Auburn Ravine is scheduled to begin the week of April 20. There may be an increase in construction traffic on and around Virginiatown Road west of Fowler Road.
Chili Hill Road
Installation of air valves and pipeline appurtenances as well as culvert repairs are scheduled to continue through the end of April. This may cause minimal impacts on traffic.
Lincoln Blvd./Old Highway 65 (Off Pavement)
Excavation on the biofilter is scheduled to begin today, April 15, 2015, off the pavement on the east side of Lincoln Blvd. and north of the intersection of Ferrrari Ranch Road in Lincoln. This work involves new piping, fans, and electrical improvements. There will be trucks entering and exiting the site, which will have a minimal impact on traffic.
Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road
Mainline pipeline installation will continue on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Roads. At a minimum, one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur anywhere between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger. In addition, some work will require a rolling road closure of Joeger Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, and sometimes on Saturday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down the road within the work zone (approximately 500 feet of road at a time) to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. Local residents living within the work zone will be provided access to their property during this period. With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no through traffic will be allowed in the work zone.
In addition to the closure between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger.
Please note- ALL pedestrians and cyclists MUST be escorted through the construction zone by a member of the construction crew during active construction periods.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
The following is a brief description of the SMD 1 Sewer Conveyance Pump Station work activities performed through the week ending 4/11/15
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- DCI – Tim Bennett acting as the testing coordinator assisted Stantec Engineers and Xylem (Flygt) Pump manufacturer’s representatives with the pump flow testing on Monday. Auburn Constructors and TESCO were onsite and helped with adding the current transformers for the pump MAS units.
- DCI – Started assembling structural steel for the overhead pump crane monorail frame work for Pumps. The bolt up areas were worked on, however no welding has been scheduled and no welding certifications have been submitted.
- Auburn Constructors – No work the remainder of the week by Auburn after the pump testing.
- DCI – Continued daily SWPPP clean up at areas work in being done, East Gate.
- DCI – Cleaned up the silt fence and sand bags at the west end of the 28” HDPE.
- DCI – Continued with the grout dry pack on the steel base pipe supports and for the pedestals for the concrete pipe support bases.
- DCI – Excavation for 30” RS pipe – 72”MH – 36” RS pipe.
- DCI – Installation of 30” RS pipe from Headworks, 45 degree elbow & 36” RS line.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Yard and Pump Deck cleaning up.
- DCI –Installation of the junction 72” MH – RS base.
- DCI – Pour the thrust block and slurry backfill east of the headworks diversion structure.
- DCI – Testing of slide gates in Headworks structure.
- Auburn Constructors – Would like to install wiring & connect MCC‐200 to blower building.
- DCI – Continue with assembling structural steel for the overhead pump crane monorail frame work for Pumps.