Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
- Started water leakage test of new Tertiary Filter Addition.
- Started water leakage test of Secondary Clarifier.
- Continued structure backfill at perimeter footing of existing Clarifier Splitter Addition.
- Continued repair of visible leaks at Secondary Clarifier.
- Completed lime treatment of soil stockpile for use as engineered fill and structure backfill.
- Continued install of joint sealant at Tertiary Filter, Oxidation Ditch 3 and Secondary Clarifier.
- Started filling Oxidation Ditch 3 for pending water leakage test.
- Started excavation and installation of 54” SE with 30” SE lateral to Secondary Clarifier.
- Started water leakage test of new concrete channel at the Headworks.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
- Complete water leakage test of new Tertiary Filter Addition.
- Complete water leakage test of new Secondary Clarifier.
- Continue structure backfill at existing Clarifier Splitter Box Addition and 36” ML.
- Backfill trench of new 54” SE with 30” SE lateral to Secondary Clarifier.
- Start water leakage test of Oxidation Ditch 3.
- Re-start engineered fill and structural backfill at perimeter of new RAS Pump Station.
- Place concrete for new RAS Pump Station equipment pads.
- Install new pre-fabricated building addition at Solids Dewatering Building.
- Complete water leakage test of new concrete channel at the Headworks.
Pipeline Construction Activity
- Reach 1 (Sta: 10+00 to 55+00) – Turkey Creek
- This area continues to be used as a staging area for processing soils to be used at other locations on the project. Import soils that are being used on the Wise Road Overland Reach are also being processed at this location.
- An 815 compactor has been moved to the site and the contractor has begun knocking down some of the stockpiles and placing fill. Tim Davis from BCI took four compaction tests on Friday.
- This area continues to be monitored.
Reach 1 (Sta: 10+00 to 261+42.90) – Virginiatown Road
- Work was not performed on this Reach.
Reach 2 (Sta: 10+00 to 109+71.09) – Chili Hill Road
- Work was not performed on this Reach.
Reach 3 (Sta: 10+00 to 203+71.07) – S-Bar-V Road
- Trenching has begun at Sta: 108+00, moving south down the hill.
- A lot of rock has been encountered in this area. It is being dug up with a ripper shank and bucket. CLSM will be used to backfill this area.
- Between Sta: 101+31 to 100+45, the trench will be backfilled with bentonite-CLSM due to the presence of wells within the 50 feet of the pipeline.
- The zone around the haunch area is being backfilled with select material as has been typical. The backfill material is very rocky so the 6” minus method specification is being used. Tim Davis is on site for backfill monitoring and testing.
Reach 3 (Sta: 10+00 to 203+71.07) – Wise Road Overland (WRO)
- Contractor continues to excavate, lay and backfill pipe on the Shanley and Thompson Overland portion of Reach 3, Sta: 108+70 to Sta: 171+50. This week they installed 534 feet of HDPE pipe, for an average of 107 feet per day.
- 3100 of trench was excavated including the rock area that was blasted Sta: 131+10 and Sta: 134+20.
- Between Sta: 138+00 and 144+75, approximately 2.5 acres of disturbed ground was hydroseeded.
- Silt fencing continues to be placed and potholing continues through the overland section between Sta: 172+00 and Sta: 198+00.
Reach 5 – E. Catlett Road
- The irrigation vault assembly for the irrigation control facility at the Machado Property at Sta: 38+00 was installed.
- A bucket rack was used to screen some of the rocky material used for backfill.
Work Schedule to be performed this coming week:
- Processing soils with the power-screen and placing compacted soils at the Turkey Creek site.
- Continue with trench excavation and pipe installation at Reach 3, S Bar V.
- Continue trench excavation between Sta: 163+75 to Sta: 172+00, Reach 3, Wise Road Overland.
- Continue returning to natural condition and erosion between Sta: 126+15 to Sta: 138+50 on Reach 3, Wise Road Overland.
- Continue welding and string pipe between Sta: 172+00 and 198+00 in Reach 3, Wise Road Overland.
- Continue to install and monitor the SWPPP best management practices.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- MCC/Electrical Building Transformer Pad – DCI – Laying out the Bollards for around the transformer pad, setting 8 of the 12 bollards & placement of concrete on Friday. Still need to set the removable bollards on the North side.
- DCI – Removing the interior forms in the Southeast chambers and laying out the baffle walls & patching interior tie holes.
- DCI – Setting up piping for bypass pumping and setting pumps up on East side of Headworks by Flume.
- DCI – Pump Station – Dewatering around the outside of the Pump Station to facilitate the waterproofing prior to backfill.
- Auburn Contractors – Setting Main switchgear electrical panels on housekeeping pad on the East side of MCC / Electrical building.
- Mason Painting – Placing the waterproofing on the North, South & East Sides of Pump Station prior to placing backfill. Issues with Mil thickness, finally resolved by spraying on Thursday & backfilling on Friday. Mason placed waterproofing board as backfilling was proceeding.
- DCI – Potholing – at the Main gate for Electrical & Data. Found @ 18” deep and 18”concrete encasement (see photo below).
- DCI – No work on North side of headworks. Work is still halted until a comprehensive pumping plan is implemented. The three standby pumps were delivered this week and piping should be completed for system testing the first of next week.
- Continue to dewater into Baker tanks and land apply the water as dust control with water truck.
- Associated Concrete pumping had their materials belting conveyor truck onsite Friday for placement of 300 tons of aggregate around the North, East & South lower sides of Pump Station.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Continuing to clean up the inside of Pump Station for baffle walls, including removing deck form panels & laying out and drilling dowels.
- DCI – Cleaning up the inside of Pump Station for baffle walls & thickened sides, by setting scaffolding, removing forms & laying out baffle wall lines.
- Camblin steel – Setting reinforcing for Pump Station baffle walls & thickened sides.
- Auburn Contractors – The crews working today, Monday, on Switch Gear and setting blighting and rigid conduits for fixtures, but will be off site the rest of the week.
- No work on Headworks though may start if DCI bypass pumping plan is tested
- DCI – Finish installing SWPPPs, cutting down two trees, clear & grub as needed for 24” RS line on South end of Plant.