Lincoln Wastewater Reclamation and Treatment Facility Construction Activity
Work/Activities Performed Last Week:
• Continued sack & patch interior of Oxidation Ditch 3.
• Completed forms/rebar at MCC 202A pad – Placed concrete.
• Performed smoke test of existing Headworks Biofilter perforated piping system.
• Continued installation of 8” 3W and 2” 3W lines at east side of Oxidation Ditch 3.
• Continued conductor install and Megger Testing at Tertiary Filter Pipe Gallery.
• Continued installation of power/control conduits at new Headworks Channel.
• Completed installation of 3” PD line to new RAS Pump Station.
• Installed 4” V at 36” ML at west side of Clarifier Splitter Box.
• Continued installation of power/control conduits at Oxidation Ditch 3.
Work Scheduled to be Performed this Week:
• Complete sack & patch of concrete at interior of Oxidation Ditch 3.
• Complete forms/rebar at Oxidation Ditch 3 Blower pad – Place concrete.
• Complete forms/rebar for Oxidation Ditch 3 Basin Drain Pump Pad – Place concrete.
• Complete conductor install & Megger Test at Tertiary Filter – Perform start-up tests.
• Pull new conductors and Megger Test at Secondary Clarifier Spiral Sludge Scraper.
• Complete Aeration Diffuser installation at Oxidation Ditch 3.
• Perform shutdown and remove concrete wall section for new Channel at Tertiary Filter Addition.
• Start above ground piping installation at Chemical Storage.
• Install new MCC Cabinets at MCC 202A pad.
Pipeline Construction Activity
Construction activities are underway on Wise Road. This work is now expected to continue through Wednesday, March 11. This work will require a rolling road closure of Wise Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down the road within the work area (approximately 500 feet of road at a time) to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. All businesses within the work zone will remain open during construction. Local residents living within the rolling closure area will be provided access to th eir property during this period. All With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no through traffic will be allowed.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please note that construction schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Wise Road Overland
Installation of valves and appurtenances is currently underway and will continue through Friday March 6. This will not impact traffic, as this work is occuring on a cross-country section between Wise Road and Mt. Vernon Road.
Highway 193 (Off Pavement)
Excavation for the bore and jack installation of pipeline across highway 193, as well as excavation for the pigging station north of highway 193 will begin on Monday, March 9. This will cause minimal impacts to traffic.
Installation of air valves and pipeline appurtenances will begin on Monday, March 9 and continue through Friday, March 13. This may cause minimal impacts on traffic.
Chili Hill Road
Installation of air valves and pipeline appurtenances will begin on Monday, March 16 and continue through Friday, March 20. This may cause minimal impacts on traffic.
Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road
Potholing and sawcutting work will begin on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Roads on Monday March 9. This will be followed by mainline pipeline installation in Mt. Vernon and Joeger Roads, which is expected to begin Monday, March 16. At a minimum, one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur anywhere between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger. In addition, some work will require a rolling road closure of Joeger Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, and sometimes on Saturday. A rolling road closure requires the contractor to shut down the road within the work area (approximately 500 feet of road at a time) to allow for workers and equipment to safely install the pipeline. Local residents living within the rolling closure area will be provided access to their property during this period. With the exception of emergency vehicles and school buses, no through traffic will be allowed in the rolling road closure work zone.
In addition to the closure between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., one-way traffic control with a flagger directing traffic will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. During this time, traffic can travel on Mt. Vernon and Joeger Road, but only one lane of traffic will be open at a time, and drivers may be required to stop for 15-20 minutes at the direction of a flagger.
Please note- ALL pedestrians and cyclists MUST be escorted through the construction zone by a member of the construction crew during active construction periods.
SMD-1 Construction Activity
The following is a brief description of the SMD 1 Sewer Conveyance Pump Station work activities performed through the week ending 2/14/15.
Work/Activities Performed for the identified time period:
- DCI – Completed installation for the two slide gates for headworks diversion structure.
- DCI – Added shoring and cleaned sloughing areas of the HDPE trench for the 106’ section from the SMD-1 West gate to Sta. 146+70+/- for fusion coupling.
- HD Supply – Installing the coupler to the 28” HDPE line @ Sta. 146+70+/-. This connection went much better than the first and was completed in about four hours.
- DCI – Using a good portion of their crew to preassemble the above grade ductile iron piping and valves for east of the pump station wetwell.
- Auburn Contractors – On site Wednesday to dig electrical trenches south and west of the new electrical building and prepare for vault delivery on Friday.
- Mason Painting – Due to wet weather Monday, the crew was back on Wednesday and coated for the rest of the week. Mason finished the north main wetwell section and moved to the south section by Friday. They started prepping of interior coating of the influent channel for coating next week; the wetwell will be masked off for protection.
- DCI – Tuesday crews spent part of the day removing the plastic sheeting covering stockpiles, stacked sand bags & relocating wattles that were in the way of the work.
- DCI – Continue dewatering from 28” RS line excavation into the 55 gallon drum located in the biofilter bed, and pumping from there to the two baker tanks for silt settlement.
Work/Activities Planned for this week:
- DCI – Preparing and trenching for HDPE installation for the 28” RS line, on Thursday and Friday, from Sta. 146+70 +/- near tie-in location at the East gate to Sta. 144+50.
- Mason Painting – Continue coating in Pump station for influent and overflow channels.
- Auburn Constructors electrical – Install conduit runs from MCC / Electrical building to pull boxes 130 and to Pump Station, then install conduits to pull boxes 140 from 130.
- DCI – Perform water test for headworks diversion structure.
- DCI – Continue to monitor SWPPP measures and review the SWPPP approach & BMP’s.
- DCI – Excavate & prep for fusion welding of the 28” HDPE pipe by installing the last section of pipe this week for the planned electro fusing to take place on February 23.